Tuesday, 18 April 2017

ALL THE EDGE AT PALAIS DE TOKYO.



Palais de Tokyo is the no.1 place to go to if you want to experience modern art in Paris. Obviously Centre Pompidou is always a good shout, but Palais du Tokyo shouldn't be forgotten, it's possibly even more abstract that CP. 
Okay, confession time. 
I still haven't been to see the permanent collections at Palais de Tokyo. I know, I know, I am an awful art history student. However, it is near the top of my long list of things to do after my exams. I have been though, I snuck in during PFW in September, and then at the start of February me and the gang went to an exhibition opening there.

The exhibition 'En toute chose' was full of incredibly abstract works by a number of different artists such as : Taro Izumi, Résident 2017 Sam Art Projects, Abraham Poincheval, Mel O'Callaghan, Dorian Gaudin, Emmanuel Saulnier, Anne Le Troter, Emmanuelle Lainé. I hadn't heard of these artists before visiting the exhibition and I don't think I'll look into them any further. Their work and the exhibition as a whole was very cool and incredibly interesting, however it's not my favourite style of art. But, nevertheless, it was free and a fun night out. 
The one thing that amazed me most about the event was the amount of edginess. Literally I have never seen people as edgy as those in attendance and not going to lie, I was quite jealous. Their style seemed incredibly effortless and well everything about them seemed that way, classic art students. Inspired by them, we ended up spending the night wandering round the works and taking not-so-candid, trying to be edgy pics of each other. 
Enjoy. 
 
 





Merci for your visit to my blog and hope you come back for more Parisian adventures! 
Make sure to follow me here: Instagram - Twitter - Pinterest - Bloglovin
Also, for more Paris pics, follow my personal Instagram as well. X 
Niamh. x
SHARE:
© La Alaïsta. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig